Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup - AMFT


Wow, wow, wow! This was really fabulous! Really quite easy to put together, and an interesting combination of flavors I've never experimented with in my own kitchen (star anise has never before had a spot on my spice shelf!). The coconut-y chicken broth base was heavenly - both in aroma and flavor... and a few drops of asian chili oil added a beautiful warmth. Absolutely wonderful! (Side note: we loved the gougeres so much, I made them as an accompaniment to the soup. A little non-traditional, maybe, but YUMMY! :-) ) This one's destined to be repeated over and over again in this kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mom!!!! This looks dang good. I didn't make it this week :/ Hoping to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think gougeres would be a perfect accompaniment to this soup!

    ReplyDelete